remember the moment | lifestyle, documentary photography | s'mores with us

"Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving.  
What you have caught on film is captured forever.  
It remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything."  
~Aaron Siskind

My children are no longer small, and the older they get, the less I seem to grab my camera for those priceless moments.

I am so thankful for all of the times as my kids have been growing where I have taken photographs.   Sometimes it was a hassle to lug my camera along and sometimes I was teased for having my camera "again."  But for all the moments of nothing, the moments of something and all of the in-betweens, I am so grateful for the daily memories I have due to my love of photography.

I know of many people who don't share that love and who, in turn, do not have a lot of photographs of their children or family members.

There is just something about documenting real life that makes my heart happy.  Because as I bumble through each new phase of my life, I want to know that I have these fleeting moments with my family documented for us all to remember in the years to come.  And to look ahead to the many moments to come as our family will grow.

Raw.  Un-posed.  Natural.  Us.
















No comments: