nostalgia | Annie~Holdrege senior

One of the reasons I started doing photography professionally six years ago was so that I could capture the emotion and raw moments in the lives of other people.  I have always been able to get that with my own family, but what a neat experience to be able to join in on someone else's story for a brief moment in time.

Annie has been part of my family in a way for almost seven years now.  She and my daughter are best friends and so much alike.  I always enjoy having her around and know that she has my daughter's best interests at heart.

A few years ago Annie lost her grandmother.  It was a sweet moment for me to be part of this shoot as she included memories of her grandmother via a quilt, blanket, Swedish Bible, etc.  Also, to have some shots with her ageing puppy (I always call them puppies regardless of their age) brought back some of my own memories of my oldest having her senior pictures taken with our puppy.

These quiet moments are what she will remember in the future when her senior photo shoot is but a faded memory.

(I'm not sure why some of these shots are distorted.  They aren't that way in reality.  
Sometimes I despise technology)












No comments: